Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hello Logansport, Goodbye Hair *sobs*

My baby flew the coop last week!
And so did I.
So after saying goodbye to Sis Pete



and having a mini fam reunion (pretty positive we have the biggest posterity in the mish)...


Great-Grandma, Grandma, Mom, Baby, Grand-Baby

I set out for
L O G A N S P O R T .




All I have to say is:
Shout out to the homies that have ever served in Powell.
I feel ya.
Bless ya.
This place is the exact opposite of my last area, goodbyyyeeee civilization!
Hello, corn.
Fields and fields of corn.
The branch has 65 members (I counted).
The closest missionaries to us live 15 miles away...
And they're not even in our mission.
Because Logansport is so teeny, we cover a lot of area.
Why?
Because we have to leave our city to actually find humans.
We have the biggest area in the mission and we cover FIVE COUNTIES.
F I V E.
I cannot begin to express to you how grateful I am that I love my companion.
Sister Harris, you da one.



My first week started off pretty rocky:
My very first day in Logansport we went over to a member's house to have dinner and they have a nephew who is a hairdresser and he gave Sister Harris a trim and it looked really nice...
For those of you that are unaware, I made the mistake of cutting off all of my hair not too long before I left on my mission and have been trying to grow it out ever since.
But.
It really needed a trim so I'm all like,"Heck yeah. Free haircut! Let's do it!" 
So I told dear, Hairdressing Nephew Man that I just wanted a TRIM.
TEE ARE EYE EM. That spells trim. As in... t r i m.
He took it upon himself to basically roar up the weed whacker and go nutz.
I mean... by all means. 
It's not like it's YOUR hair dear, "Hairdressing" Nephew Man.
So long story short (and I mean SHORT), my hair is no longer.
To make the day that much better, later that night when we went home to our sad (elders had it before us. gross) apartment, I sat down in this chair to you know, weep and whatnot...
And it completely flipped over.



We need a new chair.

All in all, the work here is aaaaamazing and the gospel is still true and brings true happiness aaaaaaaaand there are about a billion ice cream places in this cute, little town.
So.
I'm good. 

Sincerely, Sister Soloa'i 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top