Monday, March 14, 2016

You Just Got Hoosiered

HEEELLOOOOO OUTSIDE WORLD.

I LOVE my companion.
L O V E.
She's seriously the best. And we look like we could be sisters, it's weird.
Cool little story about her: the day I was supposed to meet her, we went over to the mission office and all the new baby missionaries (me included) were in this room getting trained and I was fighting so hard to stay awake (don't judge, I was running on 2 hours of sleep). I was staring outside the door, wondering what freedom felt like (kidding) and this random sister walks by the door. I didn't see her face and it was only for a moment, but I instantly thought, "That's my companion." and lo and behold, IT WAS.
Thanks for the heads up, Spirit, because I was seriously stressing about it.
We get along so well and she's just so SOLID and is such a wonderful missionary. She's only been out 3 months which is nice because I feel like we're learning together.

I've never felt so confused about how I'm feeling in my entire life. Some days I'm like, "Okay. This is way hard and I'm the absolute worst at being a missionary wah wah wah." and then other days I'm like, "Okay. This is the bomb and SWEET IS THE FLIPPING WORK!"
I love it here though. And I LOVE the people.
But.
Hoosiers be cray.
Their ability to talk... and keep talking... is like... astounding. One second we're talking about the Savior, and the next I've heard their entire life story, what they ate for breakfast, how many pairs of pants they own, and whether or not that bird up there is a Pileated Woodpecker.
^true story. I kid you not.
A convo that never ends and that you just can't escape = getting hoosiered.
But I seriously adore these people and honestly, they can talk to me about their bird fetishes any day, any time... as long as they accept my Book of Mormon copy.

Most of the members in my ward (White River, WHATSUP) are converts and their stories are just incredible. They do this meeting here on Sundays called "Why I Believe" and it's where recent converts come and share their stories of their conversions and baptisms.
It's absolutely beautiful to hear some of the most heartbreaking situations be turned into stories of love and rejoicing in the Savior.
I. LOVE. THESE. PEOPLE.

A mission is pretty hard, people. Those RMs weren't lying!
I'm sorry I didn't listen to Ashty!!
But the blessings and the miracles I've already witnessed, I would never trade for anything. I love being a missionary. I love the joy the gospel brings. And I loooooooove my Savior, Jesus Christ. He truly does live and does loves all of God's children. All of them.

Sincerely, Sister Soloa'i

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top